Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The art of doing nothing...

Believe me it really isn't an easy thing to do...

Doing nothing is an art and for those who can practice it are one of the luckiest persons.

It will not be wrong to say that there is not a single moment when you are not doing anything. Even when you are physically at rest, your mind is at work. I can imagine myself sitting on a comfortable rocking chair, my eyes closed, still, my head is aching due to the 100 km/hr speed of thought processes running in my mind.

Same is the case when you're asleep, as you are in an act of sleeping.

In my opinion, only death can take you to the stage where you have nothing to do, nothing to think or dream about.

And, obviously, those who can rest by being in an act of doing nothing have nothing to worry about; lucky people.

7 comments:

Hasan Mubarak said...

Thanks Hurraira!

I thought I was the only mad person on earth...

Heli Künnapas said...

I agree with you and I would be sooo lucky too, if I could do NOTHING.. .that would feel fantastic ;)

S A J Shirazi said...

I am going to try this art ;-)

Hasan Mubarak said...

try it and tell us if you succeed...

AsianSmiles said...

Gee... You are so right about the difficulty of "not doing anything". Pinoys (filipinos)have another meaning for AIDS - "As If Doing Something". Geez, it IS an art and sometimes, I think it's a SKILL.

lols.

ps. the AIDS meaning was coined years before the real AIDS meaning came out.

Hasan Mubarak said...

Quite Interesting!

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Keep up the good work.

Lahore Metblogs