Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Feeling of Flying Free


As the Independence Day approaches, the celebrations are gearing up. From the street vendors who sell "Pakistan" labelled merchandise to the youthfulls who are participating in the preparation for these celebrations with full zeal and zest...

Still, when I close my eyes, I can not have the feeling of flying free like this bird . I do imagine myself flying; but with my wings clipped with corruption, my claws tied with red-tape, poverty stuffed in my mouth, my beak thirsty for a drop of literacy and my chest stamped with the word "Terrorist".

Yet, I can see my destination far across the vast seas I'm currently flying over. Hope is in my eyes and my heart is filled with determination & the will to fight....

I still have got a reason to celebrate "Independence Day"...

9 comments:

Sana said...

Awesome thoughts i hope that every pakistani should think the way u r thinking!! and should consider not to steal others belonging ...sniff * sniff!

Hasan Mubarak said...

Sana! for you we wish the person who stole your mobile reads this;

"Phir Shayad usko Sharam Aaye"

Sana said...

Yeh sure!!!

Sana said...

I wish keh asa ho jaye !

Hasan Mubarak said...

And thanks for linking the 'Thought'.

Yes! I do wish that everyone should think the same

Punk Dervish said...

The metaphor of bird is impresive.

S A J Shirazi said...

I am looking for the reasons to celebrate.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

you got a quite interesting blog here. I really enjoyed reading here and think I'm
going to bookmark it.

My Page is a car insurance quotation related
site. Check it out.

aYeShA said...

hassan i agree with u .. ur feeling are 100% true and every Pakistani should think like this if he or she is wel aware. and we must be hopefull for future and put some efforts for shining future of our country.

Lahore Metblogs